4 people | 25 min.
What you need
- 150gr cooked and peeled beetroot
- 80gr full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- a few dill sprigs or mint leaves, chopped, and extra to garnish
- 600gr feta cheese, crumbled
- 20g chopped toasted almonds
Chop roughly fresh beetroots and cook these in a pan with some water to cover half way trough the beetroot peaces. Add salt and mint and boil for about 10 min.
Blend the beetroot to a coarse purée in a food processor – you want some texture so don’t overblend.
Transfer to a bowl and add the yogurt, vinegar, oil, dill or mint and a pinch of salt and mix until well combined.
Check the seasoning and adjust if needed.
Spread the beetroot purée on a serving plate and sprinkle over the feta, almonds and extra dill sprigs, then drizzle with a little olive oil.
Serve with toasted flatbreads or sourdough bread on the side for dipping.