2 people | 30 min.
What you need
• 2-3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 medium yellow onion chopped
• 2 cloves garlic minced
• 1/2 large head cauliflower cut into florets
• 4 large carrots peeled and sliced
• 1 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
• 2 seeds cardamom
• 2 cups water
• 1 Bay leaf
Chop the cauliflower and carrots into rough pieces.
Add oil to a large pot and put on medium heat.
Add the chopped veg and fry gently for five minutes.
Add salt, pepper and cardamom.
Start adding the water and let it all simmer for 15 -20minutes.
Use a hand blender to give the soup a creamy texture. Add more water to have it more or less liquid.
To serve the soup add cut haselnuts and olive oil to each bowl.